Meetings & Minutes
Branch Meetings for all OU UCU members
The Annual General Meeting is held at Walton Hall in November each year. At least three other Branch Meetings are held during the year to discuss topical issues, including branch motions to UCU National Congress and HE Sector Conference. Extraordinary General Meetings are held as and when required. These meetings are open to all members and are advertised well in advance. This is a good way to keep in touch with what's going on in your union and we always welcome new faces.
(Scroll down this page for Exec Committee meeting dates and minutes.)
Branch meetings for 2017
Minutes and reports of Branch Meetings - for all UCU members
Executive Committee Meetings - for Exec members
- Thursday 27 April 2017 at 12.30pm in B232, 2nd floor Wilson B block
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 at 12.30pm in B232, 2nd floor Wilson B block
- AGM - Tuesday 14 November 2017 at 12.30pm in B232, 2nd floor Wilson B block
The OU branch of the UCU is organised on a day to day basis by a group of elected members called the Executive Committee, which meets 6 times during the year.
Dates for 2017 Exec meetings
Minutes of Executive Committee Meetings
National UCU Meetings
- Thursday 27 April 2017 at 10.30am in B232, 2nd floor Wilson B block
- Wednesday 21 June 2017 at 12noon in B232, 2nd floor Wilson B block
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 at 10.30am in B232, 2nd floor Wilson B block
- Tuesday 14 November 2017 at 10.30am in B232, 2nd floor Wilson B block
Nationally, UCU is governed by the Congress which meets once a year and to which the OU branch of UCU sends 5 delegates. In addition, there are a number of special interest groups which meet annually in London. You can help your union by coming to one of the annual meetings. If you are interested in attending one of these meetings, contact the Branch Office on 01908 6(53069) or email email@example.com.
UCU's annual meetings provide an opportunity for ordinary members who belong to specific groups to contribute to UCU policy formulation and planning.
They were established because such members may be at particular risk of discrimination in their workplace or career, or because of specific contractual concerns. There are 4 different types of UCU annual meetings, as follows:
- members on casual contracts, including fixed-term or hourly paid contracts, and agency staff;
- Equal Opportunities comprising black and ethnic minority members; lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered members; and disabled members;
- women members;
- academic related - administrative, library or computer staff - members.
Dates of these meetings, which are held at UCU head office in London can be found on the UCU diary page: www.ucu.org.uk/events
If you would like to attend a meeting, please contact the Branch office on 01908 6(53069) or firstname.lastname@example.org